Our response to Covid-19
Covid-19 has had an obvious and serious effect on everyone’s lives. During these challenging times, your health and safety remain our number one priority.
Despite the current circumstances, we want to ensure that our patients are still able to access expert hand therapy for their recovery, in a safe manner. Central Victorian Hand Therapy remains open with additional precautions in place. These include:
- All staff have completed the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 infection control training.
- Screening questions at the time of making your initial appointment.
- Temperature check on arrival.
- Mask requirements in line with Department of Health advice and following APA guidelines
- Constant and structured cleaning and disinfecting protocols in place. Patients will be asked wash or sanitise hands on arrival.
- Team members and patients who have cold or flu-like symptoms are being asked to reschedule their appointments or self-isolate.
- Installed perspex-like screens at our reception desks.
- Touch free payment.
- Masks available at all clinics.
- Social distancing protocols in place in our large waiting room
Hand therapy/ physiotherapy is deemed an essential healthcare service, so has been able to remain open during many of the recent lockdowns. The guidelines can change depending on each lockdown. If you are in any doubt as to your eligibility to attend, please call our reception team on 5442 5288.
If you are unwell or in isolation, or just want an alternative to a face-to-face consultation, we can provide online hand therapy via telehealth.
Telehealth online consultations are an excellent way to keep your treatment plan and rehab on track without the need to visit a clinic. They are available for new consults or follow-up consults with your preferred therapist. Using your smartphone, tablet or computer we can assess, diagnose, demonstrate and help you complete exercises and self treatment in the same manner as a face-to-face session.
Find out more about our Telehealth service at our blog.